Choice #1 - The Homecoming Outfit
Mitch and I have selected two ensembles that Baby Thor can come home in. Each is very coordinated, down to the hat and socks.
- Ensemble #1: Noah's Ark Baby - this chic outfit features baby animals in pairs moving "two by two", just like they did for the Ark. The matching onesie and hat work well with the homemade yellow booties and cute duckie mittens, so that baby skin stays looking fresh and scratch-free. This outfit says, "I'm here, I'm cute, I'm cuddly".
- Ensemble #2: Illini Baby - this outfit screams "I plan on going to Illinois and getting a scholarship so Mommy and Daddy don't have to pay out-of-state tuition". The simple blue onesie is complemented by an orange and blue hat and fashionable orange "I" booties. Every baby that dreams of the Big Ten will be sporting this outfit this summer.
Let us know your favorite ensemble by putting it in the comments!
8 comments:
This is without a doubt the best blog feature of all time. I'm DYING!
This a tough choice. Number one is adorable; number two, duh. AWESOME! As much as I want to say number two without hesitation, I'll honestly say that it screams baby boy to me and I can't picture a baby girl going home in that outfit (not that we'll have to worry about that because, again, Thor is a BOY!). That is, unless there's a orange and blue bow than FOR SURE outfit number two. I've seen them and will get my hands on one immediately if requested.
Also (and totally do what you want but I'm just speaking from experience of bringing home a summer baby in very un-summer like weather) you might want to rethink the open leg onesie. I had planned (and wanted) to bring Shortcake home in a cute sleeveless summer dress but she was so little and it was just way too cold to expose that much of her newborn skin. She instead came home in a gender neutral Winnie the Pooh sleeper (which we almost had to throw away due to a major bowel blowout - we're talking neck to mid thigh action - a week later, but I digress).
Both are adorable and of course whatever you decide will be precious! So, there's my total non-committed rambling choice. :)
Go with the Illini outfit!! I do have to confess, though, I choose outfit #2 because I'm fairly certain both the hat and the orange booties were gifts from me and Boston, and I am getting giggly just thinking of Thor wearing them. Plus, living up in MN, you need to start working in that Illini fever right from the start.
While it pains me to say, though, I have to agree with the Mrs. on the outfit looking a bit too boyish for a newborn baby girl... but again, it WILL be a boy, so I don't think we need to be worried.
-Katie
I have to agree with the Mrs. and with Katie...the Illini outfit for sure...as long as you have something to girlie it up...just in case!!! And you will definitely need a blanket or something with more coverage...newborns like to be swaddled...even if it covers up their fashion look!!
This is why I put it to the bloggers....Ensemble #1 also has a matching sleeper, so we could always use that. Good thinking, everyone!
I definately like the illini outfit......Mrs. we need to get that hair bow out...we can take it up with us....because we WILL be needing it!!!!!!!!!! also you will just need a pink or white blanket for her to lay on for pics...that will look more girly.....
this is great fun!!!! what will we vote on next....names??????????
I think we should vote on homecoming outfits for Mitch and Tina. Seriously folks...if Thor is all decked out...we don't want the fashion police coming after his/her parents!! I'll bet that they have shirts in their extensive Illini collection that match outfit #2!!
Hmmmm...now that I have that mental picture...maybe I should vote for outfit #1!!!
I say bring them both. If its a boy "Illini" it up and if its a girl then #1. But I guess it really doesn't matter because even when we had Emily in a pink dress people would dtill say, "He's so handsome, what's his name?" I would just look at them and say , "SERIOUSLY, she's in a pink dress."
You probably don't know it but I am a Noah's Ark freak so I obviously am going to vote for Outfit #1. Of course either will be adorable and your little bundle of joy will be precious in anything.
Geebs
Post a Comment