Monday, July 27, 2009

Baby Update: Week 37

Baby:  According to "What to Expect", the baby is now considered full term!  Baby is probably somewhere around 6 1/2 lbs and continues to accumulate fat on his/her body.  Thor is also practicing his breathing, blinking his eyes, sucking his thumb, and moving from side to side, since that's about all he can do in there.  

Mom:  All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go......last night I loaded up the hospital bag in anticipation for that mad dash out the door if necessary.  Saturday I cooked all day and my freezer is holding the product of my hard work.  Mitch and I are putting the finishing touches on our to-do list (only two more things to go!).  Last week at my dr's appointment I was 50% effaced, and so this week I'm hoping for some dilation.  Think thin, people!  All I have to do this week is clean my house (again), teach my last week of piano lessons, get a haircut, and get into school to get my maternity leave ready.  

Oh, and for those of you who are feeling so strongly towards either a boy or a girl, here's something to make you think - throughout the pregnancy, I've had girl dreams, which I've thought were so weird, because I think the baby is a boy.  (Mitch has been having boy dreams)  It's kept me guessing, that's for sure. HOWEVER, this past week I've had TWO very vivid baby dreams where the baby was a boy, we had named him our baby name (to be announced soon), and I was dressing him in the clothes in our closet.  A sign?  We shall see.

Here's the week 37 picture:
 

Dad: Mitch spent the weekend relaxing for his birthday, since I have basically been working him nonstop to get everything ready.  And it was really nice to relax!  Mitch has his hospital bag packed as well (he packed the Goldfish crackers for snacks and the Twins DVD to watch with Thor when he arrives - thanks for all your input!).  He made this comment this weekend:  "I'm not really sure if I've prepared myself for the call at work, the wake-up in the middle of the night, when it's time to go to the hospital...."  Honestly, I'm not sure, either.  How will it happen?  When?  Will I be out somewhere when the contractions start?  Some scary, but exciting, things to anticipate!  Because people, it could happen any time, now!  

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

COME ON, BABY THOR! We're all SO READY to meet you.

Tina, I know you're exhausted and sort of over this being pregnant thing, but this picture of you is the most flattering yet I think. You look amazing, just glowing!

Jersey Girl said...

Tina,
I volunteer to be on stand-by duty to get you to the hospital if Mitch is working. That way he could be there, when we get you there. JUST IN CASE....you need a back-up!! Keep my # handy!!
Love ya!!

Pokmom said...

i will be getting our bags packed tonight!!! it would be convienient for us if you would go into labor say, 5-6am..then we could just get up and jump in the car...also, Mitch will still be home and everyone (except you maybe) will be rested and ready for the day!! Sound liike a good plan?!