Since then, we've used napkins to document all sorts of "important" events and details, and lately it's been used to wager bets on various things, including little Baby Thor. The girls have created four categories - date, sex, height, and weight - and have each made their best guess as to what Thor will be. Their predictions are as follows:
Guesser Date Sex Weight Height
TubaLady Aug. 9 M 8lbs. 5 oz. 21"
Rachel Aug. 15 M 8lbs. 3 oz. 19.5"
Buttercup Aug. 13 F 7lbs. 2 oz. 20"
SouthCove Aug. 1 F 7lbs. 9 oz. 18"
Because we all love "The Price is Right", they are playing by those rules - person who comes closest without going over wins the category (4 points), and then 3, 2, and 1 points for the next closest, etc. The person with the most overall points will be crowned "WORLD BABY CHAMPION" and will win the Kevin James Baby Cup. Apparently, TubaLady thinks the baby will be as big as Kevin James. (I don't make this up, people. These girls are serious about their competition.)
SouthCove e-mailed all this to me last weekend and said I could blog about this. Then I decided it would be fun to invite all of the readers of Fifty Below Zero to participate in this World Baby Champion Competition. To make your submissions, just add a comment to this post and you will be entered to win prizes!
(A note to the girls - even though I am now inviting others to play, the competition between the four of you still stands, and only one of you four can win the Kevin James Baby Cup. I know how competitive you all are! If one of you wins the overall blog competition, you win both the KJBC and the prize from the blog.)
To level the playing field, my official due date is August 14.
Good luck and have fun!
12 comments:
Baby to be born Sunday, August 9th
Of course it will be a girl and she will weigh 8lbs. 8oz. and will be 20 inches long...with lots and lots of jet black hair...hopefully only on her head!!!!!
August 11th.
Boy.
8 pounds, 9 ounces.
20 3/4 inches long.
Tons of black hair.
One prominent dimple (location TBD).
August 5th (full moon)
Girl
8 lbs 13 oz
21.5 inches
Good guess Parker!! I didn't consider the full moon aspect...but August 5th is Mitch's godmother's birthday, and she's hoping Thor will be born on her day.
August 10
Boy
19.8 inches
7 lbs 6 oz
I am guessing August 10th, Girl- 7 lbs even (ultrasounds are usually wrong with the weight so don't worry when they tell you its a 10 lb baby), 20 1/2 inches
-Wilma
P.S.Both Pebbles and BamBam aka Fred III were predicted to be over 7 lbs and one was 6lbs 5oz and the other was 6lbs 15oz
Ok, well, my Monkey was, according to the ultrasound at 37 weeks, 8 lbs 3 oz, and 3 weeks later she arrived at 10 lbs 2 oz. I hope you don't have that! =) But, I pushed her out and survived!
I'm guessing
8/8/09
8lbs 4 oz
21 inches
Boy
Good luck with the next couple of weeks....sleep while you can!
JD in GC
Boy
August 7, 2009
9 lbs 4 oz
20 inches long
BLACK HAIR/dimples/brown eyes
Will have lots of gas and will poop alot!
Auntie M
i'm going with august 1st, boy, 9 lb 2oz, 20 1/2"
Girl
July 31st, 2009
9 lbs. 1 oz.
21 inches long
GIRL
August 4, 2009
8 lbs. 15 oz.
20 inches long
Curly, dark hair, like you'd find on a dilly bar!!
Keep us posted on any changes you experience, especially if your belly button changes.
In honor of Mitch's godmother, I will choose Wednesday, August 5th.
8 lbs. 4oz. and 22 inches long.I'm not sure boy or girl...but I will say boy. It seems like Thor should be all boy!!! Sorry Pokmom!!
Post a Comment