Sunday, July 12, 2009

Baby Update: Week 35 - With Nursery Pics!

Baby:  In this last week of the eighth month, baby is probably 20 inches long and about 5 1/2 pounds.  Baby's brain is developing at a rapid pace as it develops so he may survive outside of the womb.  On a personal note, I had my ultrasound last Monday, and baby is head-down, butt-up, with its legs pressed right against his torso.  It sounds dreadfully uncomfortable, but I'm thankful that his feet aren't in my ribs because of this!  Baby is also measuring right on, and they are predicting that I should deliver right near my due date.  Oh, and they let me know that baby has a full head of hair.....

Mom and Dad:  We have been busy this last weekend with a tour of the birth center at our hospital and a day-long class about how to care for your child when he arrives.  The class was really beneficial, we got several great handouts and brochures that will be great resources as we dive into this parenting thing.  The best part of the class?  Getting a tutorial on bathing your baby, complete with a newborn as our example.  He was so cute!

For those of you tracking my expanding belly, here's this week's photo:
 
I am REALLY uncomfortable now (and yes, I know I say this every week, but it keeps getting worse!).  It's hard to sleep, hard to get out of the couch, and I've been having some muscle pain in the top part of my abdomen.  I am ready for this baby growing to be done.  

Mitch and I have put most of the finishing touches on the nursery, and it is with great pride and pleasure that we show off Thor's room!  Thanks to all of those who helped transform the room, purchase furniture, and generally give us a nursery that is comfortable and cozy!

The view from the doorway - we have yet to put the handles on the closet doors and still need curtains.  Hopefully this will get done in the next few weeks!


Another look from the doorway, showing off my thrift-store rocking chair, MomPoke's awesome Illini blanket, and Mitch's custom-drawn Thor picture.


A view of the crib, shelves, and a framed prayer that I used to have in my room when I was a little girl.  Notice Thor (the doll) is standing guard in the top right corner of the shelves.  


Another view of the crib - Mitch and I are in the process of naming all of the animals on the quilt (you can see Chico the dog and Walter the Walrus right now), and our Sleep Sheep is ready to go.


Our open closet - Mitch and I installed the closet ourselves, and I just love our hanging shelves!  I also look forward to filling up the closet with cute boy or girl clothes!


The back of the closet - we have tons of storage, which is great.  And we've had no problem filling up those shelves!


We are really happy with the way it has turned out, and still have a few final things to do, but are ready in case little Thor decides to make his debut early!  (I'm thinking Week 38 might be a good time, yes?)

2 comments:

fairy godmother said...

the nursery looks great. takes me back 26 years when eric was born and the anticipation of being in the final stretch. as for dilly bars, my curiousity is peeked...will get back to you on the morris site. tina, you look MARVELOUS!!!!! i was all up front like you and you will be pleasantly surprised the weight you drop when you deliver when you are all up front like that. so you can ask all those idiotic, nimble-minded, big-mouthed, don't know when to keep their mouths shut, a**holes, what is their excuse for their figure or lack of it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Baby Thor has an awesome room to come home to. You look great, hang in there! Auntie M