Baby: According to "What to Expect", the baby could be as big as 20 inches long and probably weighs about 5 pounds. If the baby is a male, his testicles are making their final descent into the scrotum. If the baby is a girl, let's hope this isn't happening. Also, the baby's nails are probably at the ends of his/her fingertips.
Mom: Well, things are just moving right along and staying really consistent - baby's growing, I'm getting bigger. Baby is moving a lot, which is great, and his kicks and moves are getting even stronger. I have an ultrasound scheduled tomorrow, and that should tell us how big the baby is and what is going on in there. I'm hoping it will also give us a clue as to maybe when this baby is going to come out (if I'm still measuring big, if this baby already weighs 9 pounds, etc.). I've reluctantly posted my 34 week picture, as it was taken at the end of the day on Sunday, after Mitch and I had spent the last three days working on the house. I am absolutely exhausted, hot, and had just dripped chocolate from my Dilly Bar on my shirt. (Don't worry - it was the only time I dropped chocolate. You can't let that go to waste!)
Dad: Mitch used his three-day weekend to rip out and replace the baseboards in the living room (you get a glimpse of them in my pic - we'll post pics later this week). He and his dad also installed our new blinds for the windows in the living room and baby's room, and he spent time working on the yard. He is equally exhausted and is looking forward to going to work tomorrow for a much-needed break from home improvement. (We also discussed this weekend how work might seem more like a vacation when you have to come home to an infant soon!)
Another quick note on the baby front: the Baby Name Foam Board Choosing Index has been narrowed down to the probable names for either baby girl or boy. It's been a tight race, but I think the best names have won. Won't it be fun to find out what they are when the baby arrives?
8 comments:
you are such a tease!!! remember you only need a girls name...we'll know soon!!!!!
PS. you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HA!! I've finally figured out Thor's middle name!!!
It's "Illiniwek"!!! And I didn't even peek at the white boards.
GREAT quilt, Pokmom!! You did a wonderful job!! It's so soft...I just wanted to run my fingers over it!! Thor is going to LOVE it!!
No Fair...Give us a hint on the names?? You look great. Can't wait to see Baby (boy) M.
Auntie M
A name any chief would be proud of!!
I believe she will have trouble going through life with that name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I know the boy's name, but I'm keeping it a secret too. No clue on the girl though (not that it will matter 'cause Thor IS SO A BOY). You continue to rock the pregnant and fabulous look!
Mrs, I wouldn't be surprised if you knew the name - you have a memory like an elephant. But yes, let's keep your suggestions under wraps....
Post a Comment