Sunday, July 19, 2009

Baby Update: Week 36 - The Ninth Month

Baby:  "What to Expect" doesn't really provide any new groundbreaking information for baby this week, other than saying all systems are almost go and that the baby continues to get bigger.  No kidding.  

Mom:  The beginning of the ninth month has made me even more ready to have this baby, although I've certainly been taking advantage of the things I won't be able to do once he/she arrives - sleeping in, relaxing during the day, doing whatever I want whenever I want, spending quality time with Mitch, etc.  But I am beyond uncomfortable, I can't sleep very well, the heartburn is AWFUL, and I alternate between surges of energy and surges of pure exhaustion.  


Dad:  Mitch has been dutifully knocking things off our to-do-before-the-baby-comes-list every night after work and all weekend long.  Accomplished this week:  installed a new faucet in the kitchen to replace our leaky one; replaced ripped screens in lower level; cleaned basement; worked on getting rid of the ant infestation in our yard; killed weeds and sprayed for bugs; watered our dying lawn, trimmed off some really long blinds in the lower level, and organized our lower level.  Our lower level has essentially been a storage living room since we moved in, and it feels so great to have it actually be a room.  We have it set up as a 2nd living room and room for a play area when Thor gets a little bigger.  After this weekend's work, we really have very little to do before the baby arrives!  

4 comments:

Moder said...

You look great Tina! Let us know any news concerning the job front!

The Mrs. said...

I know you're miserable, but you look fantastic. Here's hoping your appointment today goes well. Hang in there - you're in the home stretch now!

Anonymous said...

With how busy you two are right now fixing up the house and stuff, having the baby will seem like a vacation. (hehe) Can't believe its almost time. We will have to bring Pebbles and Fred III to see Thor when he/she is born.
-Wilma

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE'S A BABY IN THERE!!