Baby: According to "What to Expect", baby is about 7 pounds and "is big enough for the big day". He's finalizing his debut by shedding his vernix and lanugo (which has protected his skin these nine months) and producing surfactant, which will help his air sacs in his lungs open up when he takes that first big breath. According to Mom, he is enormous, has dropped considerably, and is becoming even more active at night (which looks even freakier now that he is big).
Mom: As I type this, Thor has found it necessary to "Bring in da noise, bring in da funk on my bladder", as Phoebe would say. This kid's movements have been so painful and uncomfortable that I am ready to trade my days of sleep in to get him out of there. I have been eating like there is no tomorrow, undoubtedly starting to stockpile energy for the birth (like I haven't been doing that for the last nine months). Although I know I still have two more weeks until my official due date, I am praying that things start to move along a little quicker. As of last Wednesday, I was still not dilated at all. Here's to hoping Monday's appointment might be a little more exciting. Here's Thor in all his in utero glory -
Dad: Mitch has continued to work on the to-do list, as I come up with things to put on it. He has also been patient as my complaining and whining has hit an all-time high, and commented that he was sad that I didn't have any strange food requests that he had to run out and get in the middle of the night. I assured him that there was still time for that. Right now he is hooking up his latest toy - a new flat-screen tv for the downstairs living room that he bought with his birthday money. It's pretty nice!
I'm sad to report that some people have already gone over on their date pick in the World Baby Champion competition - Diana, Fairy Godmother, and SouthCove. Good luck to those who have dates picked this week! (And for those of you who might be worried I might forget about the competition, rest assured that I have created a spreadsheet that I'll be taking to the hospital with me so that way I can monitor the competition when Thor makes his debut!)
6 comments:
You look Beautiful Tina! How are you feeling this weekend? One more week until Thor is born (my guess is August 8!)! :) I hope I am right!
I'm glad you have accounted for all entries in the 2009 Kevin James Baby Cup Challenge. However, I would like to point out that I am not officially out of the running on the date yet, since there are still 4 1/2 hours left of August 1st. If you try really hard, maybe you can start and finish labor in that time!
I don't care who wins!!! Just have that baby!!!
Now I didn't join the baby pool, but August 7th would be quite convenient for me to get up there :) Not that I'm not ready no matter what day it happens!!!
Come out, Thor!!!!
-Katie
I hope Thor is not as comfortable as Emily was in there. I was induced 5 days past my due date and ended up having a c-section because she just didn't want to drop down. Thank God Ronnie came a week and a half early.
I think my guess was the 10th....
-Nicole
Rest up...The big day is this Friday Aug 7. Again, boy,lots of black hair, dimples, 9 lb 3 or 4 oz. and about 21 inches long. I am waiting to hear the big news! Will be praying for a quick and healthy delivery. Auntie M
I can't believe you're this close to Delivery Day! I know it's dragging for you, but it seems like just yesterday I got the news you were pregnant while sitting in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Full moon is this week - maybe the myth will hold true for you!
Come on already, baby Thor!
Post a Comment