Monday, August 24, 2009

Our Little Bundle of Joy is FINALLY Here!

Well, turns out Thor isn't a boy.  Who knew?  

Mitch and I brought little Giana into the world on Sunday.  She is a tank, weighing in at over 9 pounds, but she is easily the most beautiful baby I have ever set eyes on.  She certainly didn't enter the world very easily, having been in active labor for over 14 hours, with three of those hours being pushed out.  She had a welcoming committee on hand - all of her grandparents, Aunt Katie and Uncle Boston, and Aunt Al, Uncle Bob and Lil' Missy - within hours of her arrival.  

I had no idea I could love someone so completely within seconds of laying my eyes upon her.  She has only been here one day, but I already can't imagine what life was like without her.  She is the most important thing in the world to me, and Mitch and I can't wait to get her home and start creating memories with her.  

Thanks to all who sent good thoughts and prayers - we are so thankful that Giana is here, healthy, and as perfect as she is.  We love her so much!


9 comments:

Rachel Luhn said...

Oh, krissy...she's beautiful! Look at all that hair! We're so thrilled for you, and I LOVE her name!

Parker said...

Congrats to all three of you! She is a beautiful little girl!

The other Parker said...

What a cutie!! I love the name! What is her middle name?

Congratulations to all of you!

Anonymous said...

In the second picture I think I am seeing a baby Tina! I will have to ask Gramma Poke for sure. Thankful for the safe and healthy delivery. I kept tossing and turning all night Saturday, was glad when G G Poke called with the news. I couldn't believe she was a SHE! She is beautiful. Can't wait to hold her. I saw some extra pics, the MRS. had her on the big screen during the draft at Pokes. Take Care and I will be checking in often. Love to all of you, Auntie M

CalamityJr said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful news and pictures. You make a beautiful family, and her name is lovely. God's best to all of you!

The Mrs. said...

She is absolutely precious and looks like her mama. Totally worth the wait, right? Hope you're all doing well - I was thinking about the three of you all day. You have no idea how badly I want to be in Minnesota right now!

Tina said...

Giana's middle name is Sophia. No question that she's Italian!

Pokemom said...

Who knew?? I believe I did!!! I have said Miss Thor from the beginning!!! and isn't she just beautiful!!!...those Poke girls sure know how to make pretty daughters!!!!! it was very difficult to leave her on Sunday already!!!! looking at houses in miniapolis today, preferable in Giana's street!!!

Anonymous said...

"Tina" Congratulations ! Giana is sooooo beautiful, and I just love her name ! I know you are going to be a wonderful Mom. To BigPoke & PokeMom, congratulations !
The video was great !!!
MomOf53