Is this pregnancy over yet?!?!
Mom: I've been known to say/shout to my belly several times this week, "Get out!" I am beyond uncomfortable. I've slept a LOT this week, but am still trying to find things to do to keep me busy (started a cross-stitch, working on curriculum stuff for school, running mundane errands). I've been compulsive about keeping the house clean and the laundry done (most of the time - old sloppy habits die hard). To summarize, I'm ready for this pregnancy to be done.
Dad: Mitch made this comment last night: "I'm sick of waiting for the baby to come". Comments like that usually prompt a reaction from me, such as "No shit!" I know that we should be enjoying this quiet time together, and we are. We saw a movie yesterday, and today we're headed to The Mall to do have lunch, do some walking and Build-A-Bear for Thor. Even though we are making the best of our final "alone" time, we are both victims of the classic "want what we can't have" feeling. Want the baby? It's not here. Baby's here? I have no doubt we'll be ready for that quiet time again. Mitch is also ready for this pregnancy to be done (mostly because as the days go by, I get more uncomfortable and bitchy).
Kevin James Baby World Champion Cup: Sorry to the following contestants: Coral, Parker 1, JD in GC, and Auntie M. We have passed your dates. And Pokmom and TubaLady, I'm not feeling it today. Keep in mind, you're not out of the running yet! Good luck to those who have this week picked - Wilma, Parker 2, The Mrs., Buttercup, and Rachel. Rachel is the only brave soul to pick a date that's passed my original due date, and I fear that she might be right. Mitch and I have our preferred "date" this week, and so we'll see what happens!
1 comment:
Two more days. Just hold out for TWO MORE DAYS!
Sending you all the contraction and dilation vibes I never got to use (you know, with having scheduled c/s and all).
Post a Comment