I basically let Tina take over the blog during the last 10 months, and it's time for me to start posting again.
I've been pretty involved in everything baby so far. Pre-birth a few of the things I did were: offering name suggestions (both serious and funny), going to visit a pediatrician pre-birth and deciding that it was not right for us even though it was 5 minutes from the house, "picking up" Tina at a baby shower at the designated time only to have the event go on for another 90 minutes, keeping Tina relaxed and comfortable throughout the pregnancy, coaching during labor and counting/encouraging during contractions, announcing in the delivery room that it was a girl!, and cutting the cord.
That stuff was a piece of cake compared to taking care of baby outside the womb! Diaper changes, feedings, comforting, holding, carrying, walking, burping, wiping, etc, etc, etc. So far it's been going pretty well and I have only been slightly irritable when getting up for a late night diaper change or feeding.
These are some of the better photos I've taken on my Blackberry since the birth. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
5 comments:
LOVE the pictures! She is beautiful. So is Mommy! Keep it up Daddy and if you need some pointers, check in with the general...He does an awesome job.
Auntie M.
You gotta let go of the middle of the night irritablities...babies don't know how to tell time...as much as you may think that she's getting you up on purpose!!!
Remember...it will only last for a little while, and then she'll be getting her beauty sleep when you and Tina are getting yours!!
Like Daddy...like daughter!!
These pictures are fabulous!! What a beauty she is...and Giana too!!
I'm cranky too, not because I'm getting up for middle of the night feedings (unless I wake up with an overwhelming urge for Oreos at 3 am), but because I WANT TO SEE THE BABY! Hope you're hanging in there during these first few days at home. It gets easier, I promise.
Do we have a blog alias for Miss G yet?
My suggestion for her blog alias is Gigi. Cute and spunky as I imagine she will be! :)
My vote for the alias is Thor! That is, afterall, what we have called her for the last 9 months! If you think you need to "girl it up" a little...let's go with "Thorina"!
Post a Comment