Friday, April 24, 2009

Missing the Good Old Days

We have been very blessed with beautiful weather this week.  It hit 85 degrees yesterday, and is in the 70's today.  The trees are finally budding, and it feels that spring is here.  As I drove away from work today with the window down and the music blaring, I started to feel a little nostalgic about what I used to do when I was much younger on days such as this:
  • In high school, I remember blowing out of the DTHS parking lot in my awesome red cavalier, going to the DQ for a snack and thinking it was the best day in the whole world.  
  • In college, I would have blown off all of my classes and gone to sit on the quad to people watch, nap, and soak up the weather.  On one occasion, Mitch and I had intentions to study, but he had brought a thermos of Bacardi Limon and Sprite, and so no studying got done.  Still a great day.
  • If I wasn't sitting on the quad, I would run to the grocery store and load up on beef, chips, pasta salad and beer, and come home to grill out burgers.  Man, it was great.
  • When at MCHS, on Fridays Cin and I would practically push kids over so that we could get to our favorite local watering hole and drink as much Miller Lite as we could.  
  • In FL, I would come home, Mitch and I would crack open a few cold ones, and we would sit out on the balcony and enjoy the weather.
Man, I miss being carefree!  (And enjoying a cold one on these beautiful days!)

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I'm sensing a trend here...

Want me to have a cold one for you? I'd gladly take one for the team, although as much as I love you I will not make the ultimate sacrifice and drink Miller Lite. Bud Light will just have to do (or a Leinie if I can round one up).

I was thinking about lazy days on the Quad all day too, so much so that I googled the Daily Illini and read the latest edition. Spring days like today make me nostalgic for my undergrad years more than anything else.

Anonymous said...

One guess what Matt & I did Friday - went to campus.

We went to happy hour at Legends for really tall beers and great fried bar food. Then we did some shopping on Green Street. Then we went to Canopy Club for a comedy show.

Then at 9:30 pm we were really tired and we came home. Not so much about being non-carefree, we're just old :)

-Katie