Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thor's Big Debut




Today was our first ultrasound, and boy is Thor getting big! The technician said that the baby is measuring right on target - about 9 inches long, and weighing a little over a pound. We do not know if the baby is a boy or a girl - the only person in the whole world that knows is the ultrasound tech. I did ask her, though, if women's intuitions were usually right when it came to guessing the sex, and she said that they were frequently correct. (Sorry, Mom.) But, we'll see in a few months!

In the pics, you can really see the baby's face, as well as his arm and hand. The little bit of white lines above the baby's head is the umbilical cord.


And of course, here is my 21-week picture, taken on Saturday -


7 comments:

The Mrs. said...

There I go crying again. I'm glad your hormones are in check, Tina, 'cause everytime you post one of the awesome milestone of pregnancy I start blubbering like a baby. I can't wait until August!

Those are some awesome u/s pictures. His profile is adorable! But I can't help but wonder - he is flipping you the bird in a couple of the shots?

Anonymous said...

OMG, I literally just started crying when I saw these in my inbox. It's so crazy, I still can't believe you're having a baby.

Can't wait to see you next weekend... every day I pray that you'll let me rub your belly. Seriously, I can't say there's anything in the world I want that badly right now. :) hope you're enjoying your week off!!!

-Katie

Tina said...

Mrs - I said the same thing about the bird - for some reason when Mitch and I vocalize Thor's thoughts he always has a potty mouth. Must be picking those things up already!

And Katie, you better keep praying, and bring me nice gifts if you intend to rub my belly. :)

Anonymous said...

Tina...I just talked with little poke...he is in your area...if you read this call him on his cell. Auntie M

Pokmom said...

I'm glad i'm not the only one crying!! She has such a beautiful profile!! of course, Papoke is sure his arm was a large he-man part!! Can't, can't wait to meet this tint little miracle!!!

Pokmom said...

oops...tiny not tint

Tina said...

Auntie M - DEFINITELY heard from Poke - and he did NOT have a good time in MN!!! What a riot - only he could get all those tickets within a few minutes of being in the state.