Sunday, April 12, 2009

Baby Update: Week 22

Baby:  According to "What to Expect", the baby is about a pound in weight and eight inches in length.  (According to our ultrasound, we're at 9 inches and a little over a pound.)  The baby's senses are really starting to develop, as he can see light and dark, even though his eyes are still fused shut.  He also is developing his grip, holding onto the umbilical cord and might even be sucking his thumb.  The baby is listening to my bodily functions (heart, blood circulation, gurgles in the stomach) as well as voices.  Finally, the baby is tasting everything that I've been eating, which this week, has been a lot of sweets.  

Mom:  I know I say this every week, but I'm getting even bigger.  I feel like a house, but know that this will just pale in comparison to what I'll feel like in a few short months.  I have the growing pains - back and sides mostly, and am noticing that I can't be on my feet as long as I used to be.  This week will be good as I will be back into a routine (spring break is OVER), but will have house guests again this week, as Katie and Boston are visiting this weekend.  I have a check-up tomorrow, and am dreading getting on the scale, knowing that I have really grown this week.

Here's the 22-week photo update.


Dad:  Mitch has been practicing his parenting skills on Lil' Missy this week, with her staying at the house one night and spending the day with her today for Easter.  He's been doing such a great job with it!  He also has been doing a great job of carrying everything around the house, as I really can't do it a lot anymore.  On a non-baby-related note, Mitch has several networking events this week, so in addition to his new full-time job, he's hoping his law firm will really start to take off!  

No comments: