Baby: According to "What to Expect", the baby's size is compared to a standard letter. Baby is putting on about 6 ounces a week, with the weight going to his organs, bones, muscle, and fat. The baby's face is almost fully formed, and now has eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair on his head (although there is no pigment to the hair yet, so it is white). And of course, is getting stronger and stronger.
Mom: I can attest to the stronger part - Thor's kicks are getting very pronounced (and are starting to get a little uncomfortable), and I think Mitch should be able to feel them soon! It's been a pretty uneventful week, but I did realize that I can't reach my toes to clip them anymore. Guess Mitch gets to take over another job! Here's the 24-week profile pic - I feel enormous.
Dad: Mitch has started to tackle the yard this week since it is nice (and I can't really help at all - and believe me, I feel REALLY bad about it). He has fertilized the lawn and tackled the dandelions, and begun the much-needed trimming of our trees. He also found out that he will be training for his new job in Dallas, TX for most of the month of June. He'll look so great in his cowboy hat and boots!
2 comments:
There's nothing like a foot lodged firmly under your ribs and a hand like a vice grip around your bladder. Oh, the things you have to look forward to in the next 16 weeks!
You're beautiful, as always.
Mitch, The General swears by Scott's line of lawn care products (available at your local Home Depot). Do you plan to instill in your children the fact that dandelions are pure evil like he has with our girls?
I used Scott's but I got plain old fertilizer when I should have gotten the TurfBuilder to kill the dandelions.
Do you and The General know anything about seeding the lawn? Ours is kind of sparse but I don't know what to do. Do you just throw the seed down and hope for the best or do you need to cover it with soil? Our entire yard could use a de-thatching and seeding.
Yes, dandelions = evil!
Post a Comment