First, I got online to see what flights were available. I found a few that would work in our time frame, checked to make sure there were available seats, then found the vouchers to book the flights. Of course, I couldn't book online - I needed to call to make the reservation. Of course, even if I booked through the phone, I'd have to either mail in my vouchers or go to the airport to redeem them. Stupid.
So, I decide to call Nameless Airline last night to book the flights. After waiting for about 10 minutes, I got to speak with a customer service representative (in India). I gave her the flight numbers and times I wanted, and she then told me that on the flight coming home, Mitch and I would have to take different flights, as there were not enough seats in our specific booking class for both of us. Now, there were plenty of seats on the flight - I checked to make sure. Just not enough in our "booking class". I explained to the lady what had happened that we received the vouchers, and asked if she could do anything else for me. She said no. I hung up and cried. (I was very weepy last night - I blame it on ER.)
Today after work I decided to try to reason with a human being in the United States face-to-face, and so went to the airport. Luckily, the airport is very close to us, so it wasn't out of the way to go there. I waited in line and spoke with a lady at the counter, told her the situation, and she again told me that she could not help me - there were now no seats on any of the flights home that I wanted. (Lie.) She was checking in people for flights, and recommended that I speak to another customer representative. At this point, I was afraid this trip would also not happen.
I waited in another line, got up to the counter, and again explained the situation, and what could they do for me so that I could use these tickets on the days that I wanted to fly. And FINALLY! this guy could help me. He cheekily booked us on a flight coming home on a different day (where there were seats available in our booking class), then changed our return flight to the day I wanted, where I knew there were seats available.
Finally. A customer service guy who knew where I was coming from, and knew I was extremely frustrated with the entire process. I am completely grateful to this kind man who booked our flights for me.
Florida, here we come!
3 comments:
You're a brave soul making this return trip. After your first experience (and then the subsequent snafus this time around) I would have booked a flight for the exact opposite direction just to be safe.
Fingers crossed that this trip goes better. Otherwise I give you full permission to open up a can of pregnancy-hormone induced whoop ass.
I feel your pain. Papa Poke will have to tell you about the nightmare going to Brazil the first time with SEVERAL STUDENTS and the end result was coming home after a long wait in Miami! Auntie M.
It was awful.
I am glad that you and Kim will be "United" again... and we are all so greatful that we live in the "United" states of America!
Hard to believe that Katie and TV Star have been "United" for a year already........... Hope this trip really does happen for you,,,what it that airline again??
Post a Comment