Friday, August 1, 2008

Disguising his Inner Geek

As I unpacked boxes on Wednesday, I noticed a few boxes tucked behind a chair in the basement.  The boxes had been emptied, they were shipped to Mitch at our new address, and had a brochure for book binding in them.  When I looked up at the shelf, this is what I saw:


I know what you're thinking - this is a lovely shelf of beautiful newly-bound books.  And they are.  What would Mitch bind, you ask?  One would think something law-related.  Take a closer look:



That's right, people.  He has bound comic books together.  If you didn't know, Mitch is a bit of a comic book junkie, and has been collecting them since he was a child.  

While I think these are a little sad (although I did agree that they do look good, and they look like we have intellectual reading material), I know that Cin's husband, the King of the Geeks, will love them.  He and Mitch share the same passion for all things drawn, and have shared with each other their own collections.

I'm sure our kids someday will LOVE listening to Daddy read out of these, and will also love listening to Mommy complain about how dorky they are.    

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Put down the hatoraide...

The Mrs. said...

Well, I learned something new about Mitch today!

Classy binding. I thought for sure they were some fancy schmancy law journals. Or maybe a half collection of the Encyclopedia Brittanica.

Mitch said...

Is it really disguising your inner geek if you are taking comic books OUT of the protective bags and storage boxes and putting them on a bookshelf?

For those other closeted fans out there, just let me know if you want any recommendations.

Anyone who liked The Incredibles (parents of small children, I know you all saw it) you should check out The Watchmen movie next year, which is based on the groundbreaking graphic novel. The Incredibles was more or less ripped off from it.