Monday, August 18, 2008

My New School

I went to my new school on Friday to sign my contract, get my keys, and start gathering my thoughts for the new school year. I thought I'd show off the brand new music wing at Spartyville Junior High.

This is from the entrance of the music wing - the far end door is the band room, the general music rooms are behind me, the choir room is directly to the left, and the rest of the doors are storage rooms/practice rooms. It's beautiful.

This is the choir room - the room I'll be spending half my day in. Almost everything in the room is new - it's so nice! And I'm very thrilled with the color of the room. Very calming.

Another view of the choir room.

This is my office - from what I can figure, the music staff shares offices, but this will be my "home base". Not nearly as big as my office in Morris (I could have housed a whole family in there), but it'll do. And they have Mac computers!

The mural at the entrance of the wing. Looks nice, huh?

Sadly, my dog days of summer are over tomorrow. Let's hope this job is great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up with the news at Fifty Below...Congrats. I know you will be awesome! DP has a Mac, he really likes it, offers so much more for his work details. The other Auntie M.