So, now that I enjoy lazily rolling over and hogging the bed when Mitch leaves to go to work, I find myself wondering what each day will bring, and what on earth I should do with myself. I've found things to occupy my time - I've taken up a good morning jog around the neighborhood (for those of you that know my running skills, you know I'm moving at about a snail's pace), have been online looking for teaching gigs (my looking may be over, folks - stay tuned), read a few books, and have made daily runs to the SuperTarget down the street for the contact solution or deodorant that I had forgotten to buy the day before. I've seen two movies (The Dark Knight with Mitch, which was absolutely fantastic, and Sex and the City with my mother-in-law, which I also enjoyed), searched for houses online, and reorganized my makeshift computer desk umpteen times. I need to get out and explore my new surroundings, but it's not quite as fun to do by myself during the day than it is to wait until the weekends when Mitch is around so we can explore together. Plus, the super-comfy blue leather chair and ottoman in the basement seems to call my name on a regular basis. And honestly, I'm sad that I have nothing exciting to blog about, which is why I'm going on and on about my very uneventful life right now.
I know I should be thankful for this downtime, as soon school will be starting again and my free time will be severely limited. And during the school year, all I long for is to be able to do nothing but relax. Isn't it amazing how once we get something that we wish for, all we want is something else?
Maybe tomorrow I'll start reading those comic books......
3 comments:
How did the comic book reading go today?
Ah, a lady of leisure. I'd say you deserve it!
I came home Friday night after dropping off the girls, four hours before The General was coming home. I honestly had no idea what to do with myself - the house was clean, laundry was done. So what did I do with my free time? I went outside and painted the porch.
Sad. I know.
Mitch, please leave the commenting to the readers, not the authors...
Post a Comment