Mitch and I went to dinner tonight with our roommates, who had returned from a vacation in New Jersey last night. We went to one of their (and now our) favorite places to eat - Captain Jack's in Prior Lake, a small town southwest of Burnsville.

This place is a bar and grill on Prior Lake, where boats can dock so that their riders can get a bite to eat, or fill up their coolers with ice and beer. It reminds me a lot of the Snook Inn, on the Gulf of Mexico in Marco Island. Upon arrival, Mitch and I decided to partake in the the local beer, the Leinie's Summer Shandy and Sunset Wheat. Yummy!

You can see the boats on the lake, the docks, and the beautiful houses surrounding the lake. Man, would it be nice to be able to afford a house out here. We thought about taking pictures of the big houses and claiming them as ours, but decided against it.


My favorite part (besides the huge walleye sandwich that I had for dinner and forgot to take a picture of) was the outdoor bar. It actually had swings hanging instead of barstools! I determined that if this would have been in Illinois anywhere remotely close to Morris, it's quite possible I might have broken an arm trying to get off of the swing after Friday's happy hour.

And it seems to be becoming a theme for this blog, the Leinie's. At Captain Jack's was the Leinie's table umbrellas.....

.....and the Leinie Lounge chair, maybe the coolest chair (besides the swings) I've ever seen.

I triple-dog-dared Mitch's dad to climb up on the roof and sit in it, but he decided to take a picture of us standing by it instead.

A great dinner to end an absolutely beautiful weekend in southern Minnesota. What fun!
2 comments:
Swinging bar stools = trip to the ER
Also, I have to say that I took your recommendation for the Leinie Summer Shandy and blech. Not my cup of tea. I'll keep trying though. So far you and Kate (Fat Tire recommendation) are 0-2. Guess I'm just destined to be a Bud Light Girl for life!
I tried the Leinie Summer Shandy and Loved it - great recommendation! I also really like mixing the Leinie Honey Weis (Dick's favorite) with the Berry Weis (my favorite)... makes a unique taste!
Glad to hear everything is going well for you! Stay in touch!
Post a Comment