Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Has It Really Been a Week Since I Posted Last?

Where is the time going?  Wasn't it just New Year's?  And here we are, at the very end of April, and ready to turn the calendars to May.  I, for one, am very happy that the school year is closing quickly (only five more Mondays - but who's counting?) and that summer will be here soon. 

Sadly, I have nothing interesting to report from Fifty Below Zero.  We are living very normal, mundane lives.  But here are some random topics, thoughts, and updates.  Go ahead.  Discuss.

  • I'm convinced Gizmo gets cuter by the day.  She has learned how to wave, and can wave at Mommy, Daddy and Grama Jersey Girl when they leave and arrive,  and is now waving at the painting, the panda, the door, the wall, the blocks.....you get the picture.  
  • Speaking of cute, we'll know if Gizmo made the next round in the Cutest Baby Contest this weekend (I think).  Thanks for all of those who voted online - you guys are awesome!  
  • Congratulations to our friends Cara and Barrett, who just had their very first baby boy - Lucas Augustine - yesterday evening.  We are so happy for them!
  • I've been applying for jobs yet again.  There are some pretty good openings - so I'm hoping that things work out.  They always do.....but let's hope that they work out sooner rather than later.  
  • Today I saw an old guy riding a bike with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.  Who says you can't exercise and enjoy your vices at the same time?  (Now if I could only learn to run while holding my wine glass.....)
  • My second grade boys at work are out of control.  They have been using racial slurs and swearing during P.E., fighting, and using the word "pimp" to complete the sentence "We love our earth because it is.....".  Oh, and don't even get me started on the constant grabbing of genitalia.  Seriously.  It's disgusting.  
  • We are thisclose to getting a sitter finalized for the weekend.  Mitch and I are hoping that things work out and that we can go out and spend some quality time with friends.  
  • I feel like my to-do list never gets shorter.  I'd like to think that I'll get a lot done this summer, but something tells me that going to the park and having play time might trump anything productive.  
  • I LOVE the weather we've been having.  This is why Minnesota is so great.  

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

1. I also agree that Gizmo is cuter with each passing day. Now she's waving? Please don't post video because the adorableness might just kill me dead.

2. My new fitness goal: cardio kickboxing and curly fries. Do you think I could train myself to the point where I'm able to use my toes to pick up a fry during a round house kick? Because that would be AWESOME!

3. Wow, your second graders are hard core. Now, fifth graders are all about "fags" and "douchebags". But my sweet little second graders still appear to be rather innocent. Also, I'm dealing more in the realm of nose pickers/booger eaters as opposed to your crotch grabbers. Isn't elementary school the best?!?!?

4. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that your babysitter gig pans out. If you & Mitch are meeting friends at The Shout House this weekend, please promise me you'll leave out that detail when telling us about your fun night out, okay? I like to think of it as just our special place.