Thursday, April 22, 2010

All of My Words are Ending in "D"

I can't believe it.  

Itchy eyes, screwed-up sinuses, scratchy throat...

I have allergies.  

I have NEVER had allergies in my entire life.  I grew up on a farm surrounded by all sorts of plants and trees.  Never once did I have a runny nose or that funny feeling that allergies give you.  I always just thought I was that lucky person who never had to worry about where her next hit of Claritin was coming from.  

Now, I'm jonesing for some.  

Darn Minnesota and their high pollen counts and dry weather and giving me allergies.  Ugh.  

3 comments:

Moder said...

From someone who has had allergies her entire life, I feel your pain. Try the Advil Cold and Sinus - it is the best over the counter allergy medicine I have found yet! Take that during the day and Nyquil at night and you should be up and running in no time. Hope you feel better soon!

The Mrs. said...

Same thing happened to my dad. Farm raised and allergy free for years until he finally consulted an allergist at age 50. Literally allergic to almost everything: grass, all molds, corn and bean dust, pollen, several types of tress, cats, etc. I know he sympathizes with you (as do I)!

The General is convinced that he has adult onset allergies to grass as well. I think it's his pathetic attempt to guilt me into letting him get that riding lawn mower he's been coveting for years.

Anonymous said...

I didn't develop allergies till college. I too thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones. Of course Pebbles already has to take Zyrtec for her allergies.
-Wilma