Saturday, March 27, 2010
The Mrs. arrived in Minneapolis in the morning. I, of course, was late, because I was trying to run too many errands before I went to pick her up. We came home, had lunch, and played with Gizmo. It was neat.
Gizmo was happy to show off for her guest. She is so funny! We showed the sights of St. Paul to The Mrs. when we went to Cossetta's for dinner. It was busy, but we were able to still have pizza and cannolis. They were delicious! Then we had some beers and went to bed because we were tired. Big day tomorrow! Love, Tina
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Well, we woke up today. I made breakfast: waffles, bacon and fruit. It was delicious! Then Mitch took Gizmo to American Girl for lunch with his family and The Mrs. and I went to one of my favorite places - the WINERY! Oooohhhh I love the winery! It was so neat. The Mrs. had a good time trying all of the different wines.
- "We need glow sticks!"
- "See that stupid girl over there dancing? She looks the the bee girl from the Blind Melon video."
- "That was a funny one! Write that down."
- "How does no one know the alternate lyrics to 'American Pie' that we sang at the U of I? American Pie = epic fail = no cool points."
- "I'm gonna throw down if they don't play my song!"
- "We are CARRYING this crowd. I fully expect to get paid for my services when we leave here tonight."
- "Yeah, Shawty!"
- "I'm way too white to yell that."
- "I can't stop laughing at myself!"
Author's note: most of these were said by The Mrs. The last three were done in a five-minute burst of laughter. Yes, we were THOSE people. And resume.
We had the most neat time at the piano bar. Now I need to go to bed, because I had a few beers, and Gizmo will be up soon. See you tomorrow! Love, Tina
Monday, March 29, 2010
Today was a neat day. We went to the Mall of America! The Mrs. had a good time. I had fun, too. Gizmo particularly liked going to the mall. The Mrs. bought a shirt, I bought a couple of sweaters, and Gizmo got a new Easter dress. It was neat. We spent so much of the day talking and laughing. I forget how much fun I have when I am with The Mrs. It is so nice to have those special people who you can not see for such a long time, and then just pick up like you have seen them every day for years. Neat. Love, Tina
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Today is NOT a neat day. The Mrs. has to go home. :( :( :( But, we managed to squeeze in some more fun before she went. We had lunch with Grandma Jersey Girl and Grandpa Sal, and then played a lot with Gizmo.
Stay tuned for the conclusion of Spring Break!
4 comments:
Wow, I hope my visit elicits such stellar journal entries. Packed up and ready to hit the road in the morning!
I am so in love with this post that I want to marry it. Well worth the wait - you NAILED it, Tina! What a neat way to commemorate my visit.
is neat the only word you knew in fifth grade?
and I totally agree Mrs. you are too white to say the word "shawty"
Why, Munchkin, do you automatically assume it was me that shouted "Shawty"? Tina cleared stated that MOST of those statements were made by me, but not ALL.
(But, yes, it was totally me. "Drop it like it hot" via dueling pianos elicits inappropriate reactions, what can I say?)
Post a Comment