Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Break! Post #2 - The WORST of Spring Break

You know what isn't fun?  Being sick.  Sleeping on the bathroom floor.  Feeling as though you would rather have a baby again instead of feeling the way you do.  Having to stay inside when the weather could not have been more perfect for a week off because you are throwing up.   

You know what else isn't fun?  Watching poor Gizmo throw up.  A lot.  And trying to take care of someone who can't tell you what's wrong.  Luckily, she is a champ and has the sweetest temperament even when she isn't feeling well.  

Another not fun thing?  Listening to Mitch getting sick as I type.  Knowing that he is going to be sick tomorrow, and most likely will be laid up for the next 48 hours.

Yep, we've all got the flu.  Or at least some type of stomach bug.  Mine lasted for about 48 hours, Gizmo is on the mend, and Mitch is just starting his round.  

This is how we have spent Tuesday night through today.  No fun outings, no walks, no items crossed off my to-do list.  Mitch was a champ when I was sick taking care of Gizmo and me, and now I'll return the favor.  

Of course, we also have Katie at our disposal, who arrived this afternoon to take care of Gizmo for the week.  Looks like I'll add "nurse" to her list of duties this week.  

Here's to hoping summer arrives soon!

No comments: