Does this look like a kid who's got the croup?
Yep, Gizmo is sick again, this time with the stridor-sounding, nose-running, crabby-being croup. Last night she woke up with wheezing sounds and struggling to breathe. After a panicked call to the nurse line of our pediatrician's office and preparing to head to the emergency room, Gizmo got things together after some fresh air and was able to go back to sleep. This morning the doctor gave us the diagnosis, and so now she's on a strict regimen of Baby Tylenol and fluids to knock this virus out.
It ruined our plans to participate in our very first family 5K this morning. We didn't even go sign in to get our t-shirts and free food. I didn't get to wear my brand new running capris. (Well, truth be told, I wasn't going to run in them, I was going to walk in them, and I have them on right now to take a nap in momentarily. They are so comfortable - can someone say "mom uniform" for the summer?)
Here's to hoping that Gizmo feels good enough for Mitch and I to use our sitter for a couple of hours out tonight. Serves us right for planning on having a life outside of Gizmo. She sure is showing us who's boss.
2 comments:
Aw, poor baby. And I feel bad for Gizmo too! :)
Croup is one thing we've avoided. I heard that turning on a hot shower and sitting in the bathroom helps break that crap up (along with the fresh air). I hope she's feeling better soon!
Gismo needs some special Grandma snuggling!!! hopefully will be up there next week!!! Get well Gizmo!!
and.....silly you, of course she is in control! get use to it!
Post a Comment