It's a known fact that the baby's in utero name is Thor. It's cute, it's funny, it's powerful, and fits in well with the Scandanavian culture here in Minnesota. A couple of weeks ago, this came in the mail -
- and here's the story. A few weeks before, Mitch had been to a comic book show and spoke with one of the artists. The artist said he would draw a picture of Thor holding a baby for the low price of $5. Mitch of course, didn't tell me about this transaction, and so when it came in the mail, he said to me, "Don't be mad, and this only cost $5", and showed me the picture. How can you be mad at that? We had a good laugh, and plan on framing it for the baby's room.
Fast forward to Monday night. A box arrived at the house addressed to Thor. We opened the box, and out came this guy -
- with a card that said, "We know you'll grow up to be a Superhero!", from Boston and Katie. Again, Mitch and I had a good laugh, and poor Mitch says, "Well, I guess I won't give you the Thor I bought you as a surprise shower gift." He had bought the same thing months ago!! What a riot. Thor takes turns guarding the Diaper Genie and the new closet shelves. Notice the hammer is in his left hand, as we want to encourage little Thor to be a leftie.
This will all be really funny if the poor baby is a girl.
6 comments:
2 Thors are better than none!!
Now you have one for home and one for traveling...and girls can be super heros too!! On the bright side...at least your toy Thors aren't wearing yellow braids and Viking jerseys!! (Sorry Mitch...that was for Tina's benefit!!)
LOVE IT!
Tina...
Baby Girl + Thor = Adventures in Babysitting
I must find one with yellow braids!!!!
Parker - I hadn't thought about that. AWESOME! As long as there's no hanging on the side of buildings and singing the "Babysitter Blues" in the club!
Tina and Mitch - Now you guys have me in the search for Thor dolls so today I searched ebay. Check out the link to see "The Mighty Thor" doll from 1998!
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARVEL-COMICS-THE-MIGHTY-THOR-DOLL-1998--MIB_W0QQitemZ200284805942QQcmdZViewItem
Hope all is well with you guys. You look great Tina - I miss you!
Post a Comment