Sunday, May 17, 2009

Baby Update: Week 27

Baby:  This week, "What to Expect" tells us that the baby, measured head to toe, is about 15 inches long (already!), and baby is over two pounds.  The baby's taste buds are developed, and he actually has more taste buds now than he will when he is born.  It means that he tastes everything I eat, and can react accordingly, depending on if he likes it or not.  (Not that I could tell one kick from another)

Mom:  It's hard to believe that this will be the last week of the second trimester, and that the third will soon begin.  There's still so much to do before baby comes!  I've been feeling really good, sleeping well (for the most part), and trying to eat more sensibly.  My belly button is thisclose to popping out, which is freaking Mitch out.  And as you can see from the pictures below, as the baby grows, I'm growing, too!  All this growing has made it slightly difficult to find appropriate professional attire for this week's big interview, but I think I'll be able to pull something together after a little shopping today.  

Week 26 (This shirt does a good job of hiding the bump)

Week 27 (This shirt, clearly, defines every curve of the bump and leaves nothing to the imagination)

Dad:  Mitch has been hard at work this week, putting together the crib (pics to come soon, I promise!), installing the closet shelves in the baby's room, and getting used to his new job.  He has a few things left to finish on his "honey do" list before he leaves for Dallas next weekend.  Mitch has a knack for missing all of the baby's good moves, as the baby's kicks and movements are now easily seen from the outside.  Mitch will watch for minutes, and then as soon as he looks away, Thor is kicking again.  I have to say, if you think about this whole baby movement thing too much, it really is strange, alien, almost.  It's so weird to think a real person is just running around in there!  We are both relieved to know, though, that a moving baby means a healthy baby!

No comments: