Sunday, May 31, 2009

Baby Update: Week 29

Baby:  According to "What to Expect", the baby is about 3 pounds and can be up to 17 inches long.  It also says that in the next eleven weeks, the baby will double and even triple its weight right now.  (Since Mitch was over 8 pounds and I was over 9 when I was born, I'm confident little Thor will be tripling his weight.  So sweet of him.)  And where is that weight going?  Straight fat to plump him up.  As he gets bigger, his rolls and kicks will start to change over to jabs and pokes from the cramped quarters.

Mom:  I can attest to the fact that it's starting to get a little crowded in my belly.  Just a few minutes ago as I was straightening the house, Thor had one heck of a move that made me pause what I was doing.  It was the first time that his movement had been so strong when I was standing up.  Ah, so many fun things to look forward to in the next eleven weeks!  The heartburn, which wasn't an issue at all during the second trimester, is starting to flare up again.  I've stocked up on Tums and have them in four locations in the house.  I also think my nesting has kicked in, as I was quite productive this weekend, crossing almost everything off my to-do list.  Biggest accomplishment?  Sanding and painting the trim for our new windows which will be coming soon, and putting together the changing table all by myself!  I also have been writing thank-you notes to my coworkers, who threw a wonderful shower on Friday, and attempting to master taking my picture with the camera on our tripod.  It only took six pictures to get this one.


Dad:  Mitch is sweating down in Dallas, where it was a steamy 92 degrees this week.  He thinks it would be great if I flew down there for a weekend to visit.  My response to that?  Not in that heat - my ankles would swell to three times their size!  He spent his first weekend hanging at the mall, getting a hair cut, and eating Chic-Fil-A.  He's met a few people there, so he's not alone as he explores, but he does have a bit of a cold, so he spent today resting in his fancy hotel room.  Feel better soon!

No comments: