We're in the third trimester - making the turn for the end now!
Baby: According to "What to Expect", baby is about 2 1/2 pounds and about 15-16 inches long. This week baby masters the skill of blinking and REM sleep cycles. While his lungs are almost fully mature, baby still needs to pack on some pounds before he gets to make his big arrival.
Mom: Thankfully, I am NOT packing on the pounds right now. Since my doctor has said, "I'm not worried about your weight - yet...", I've really watched what is going in my mouth. Some days are better than others. :) I think a little bit of my nesting instinct has come in, as I went on a mad cleaning spree this weekend and am starting to think of all of the things that need to be done before Thor makes his arrival in a few months. With the warmer weather here, I've had some swelling in my legs and feet, and so I've been taking it a little easier, taking more breaks than I'm used to so that I don't get too tired. And, here's the updated pic from the weekend -
Dad: Mitch has also been busy cleaning and organizing, but mostly in the yard, tending to the lawn and cutting back some of the ridiculously overgrown bushes and trees. He's also been moving furniture as I did a major spring cleaning. He leaves for his training in Texas on Tuesday, and so I will be living a bachelorette lifestyle - as much as I can with a baby growing inside of me, anyway. While he's sad to leave me and the baby, he's very excited about the food options he'll have in Texas, especially the abundance of Chic-Fil-A!
4 comments:
I forgot to mention that while Mitch is away, we will be happy to take your weekly update pregnacy picture. Grampa Sal is also checking with Handy Man to see if they can coordinate schedules to get that large "bird abode" out of your yard b/4 Mitch gets back. A chain saw and a pick-up truck should do the trick!!
Handy Man/Mr.Fix-it...whatever!!
It's hard to keep these names straight!!
Either way...they'll be getting rid of the evidence!!!
Yay! I might have to leave the house when they do that....
You can come hang out with Lil'
Missy and me!!
Aunt Blanche has had dive bombing birds attack her too!! And she wasn't cutting down trees!!
Post a Comment