Baby: According to "What to Expect", the baby is 4-5 inches long now and weighs approximately 4-5 ounces. The muscles are getting stronger, so much that the baby is starting to straighten out his back muscles. Soon his kicks and punches should be felt by mom. His face now has eyebrows and eyelashes, and his eyes are making small side-to-side movements and can see some light.
Mom: I thought it was time to post a picture of the baby bump, as in the last two weeks it has become quite defined and developed. Only one pair of my normal pants still fits, and so I am almost entirely in maternity pants. While many of my normal tops still fit, they are becoming shorter and shorter as my belly expands.
Dad: Mitch has been taking over more of the house cleaning responsibilities, cleaning the bathroom and straightening/vacuuming the house without even being asked. Isn't he great?
10 comments:
OMG, I don't know what's cuter - your bump, or the fact that your baby has eyelashes!!!!!!!! I can not WAIT to see you, my baby fever is hitting full strength this month....
-Katie
Katie - my advice to you is to stay FAR away from Boston as possible. You aren't ready.
Oh, don't worry. My baby fever is for OTHERS, definitely not myself. We're all safe. I just want your baby :)
-Katie
You look great! I didn't get a great look at the belly when I saw you a couple of weeks ago, but I'd say you've definitely popped since that night. Baby must like flautas (or however you spell it).
Watch out, Kate. Baby fever is HIGHLY contagious. It's the only reason I'm glad Mitch and Tina don't live closer than they do now - it could have been dangerous for me.
You look so cute!!!!! a true sign that there really is a baby in there!!!! Can't wait to see it in person!!! I bet she has long long eyelashes!!
What a cute little baby belly!! It's amazing to think that your baby bump has become more pronounced since Tuba Lady and I last saw the two of you...time sure flies!
Also, I know Mitch said that the baby name foam board would remain a secret from the rest of us, but could we maybe get an update from time to time on which names you've decided that you definitely will NOT use? The excitment is palpable!!
If only I knew that being pregnant would get Mitch to clean a bathroom, I would have gotten "knocked up" in college! :P Just teasing.....
TubaLady - if only we'd known in college how inexpensive a monthly cleaning by a maid service was, we would have gotten that!
Here's the first baby name update - Reagan, first suggested by Tina and then by Rachel, has been eliminated because I dated a girl in high school with the last name Regan. Along the same lines, we had to eliminate Tina's Grandpa Poke's name of Maurice because...I dated a girl in high school with the last name Maurice.
Had The General and I had our act together, Punkin might have been named Reagan. We didn't realize we both liked the name until after she was born. Too bad it won't work for you - how many girls did you date in high school anyway, Mitch?!?!?
Post a Comment