Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baby Update: Week 19

Baby:  This week, the baby is the size of a large mango - about six inches long and weighs a half pound.  The baby's skin is now completely covered with vernix caseosa, which protects the skin from the amniotic fluid.  (They compare it to cheese - gross.)  To add to the gross factor, the baby can now generate meconium (which is a fancy word for poop).  

Mom:  I have survived the busy weeks at school and have almost survived Mom and Dad's visit, where they have worked tirelessly on the baby's room, installing new doors and trim, and doing LOTS of painting.  I had a check-up this week, and everything is going as it should be.  And, of course, I am growing steadily.  (I promise pics will be coming.)

Dad:  Mitch has (I think) enjoyed the demo process in the house this weekend.  He's learned to install doors and trim, and learned what NOT to do while installing new plugs and light switches.  

No comments: