Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby Update: Week 18

Baby:  Into the fifth month!  The baby is filling out nicely, this week about the size of a chicken breast.  (A weird comparison, if you ask me.)  He is becoming more active, twisting and turning and practicing his kicks and punches.  He also has his own set of fingerprints on his fingers and toes.  Cute!

Mom:  I haven't felt the baby move yet, but am certain it will happen soon.  I am filling out quite nicely as well - it's so strange to put on a t-shirt you've worn for years that doesn't fit anymore!  This week my parents are coming for a visit, so the spare bedroom upstairs will begin to make its transformation into a nursery.  

Dad:  Mitch is looking forward to the nursery being done so he can put the crib together with his friend Zobs.  I think he's mostly looking forward to having a beer partner.  

Pictures to come next week!

9 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Better clear some space. Your mom came up this afternoon and we loaded up BIGPOK with baby gear. Headed your way: baby swing, bouncy chair, floor gym, pack & play, breast pump, an extra infant seat base for the car, and a bag of miscellaneous items. You're almost to the halfway point - crazy! Can't wait to see baby's room.

Anonymous said...

You refer to my grandchild as "HE"
Does that mean I'm going to have a GRANDSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

"HE"...it's an industry term!!!
Sounds better than Thor!!

Tina said...

Oh, Mom.....the exclamation points scare me for what is to come this week....

For the record (everyone), I will be referring to the baby as "he" because it is standard, not because I know the sex of the baby. We are not going to find out. But, as anonymous has pointed out, I'll be happy to refer to baby using his in utero name - Thor.

Mrs - thanks for the loot! Thank goodness our downstairs living room doesn't have furniture yet - sounds like it will become the baby's closet!

Anonymous said...

Hey! those are not my exclamation points! It must be one of the other 3 very excited grandparents to be!
My bet is that she will be a girl.
you know that if it is a boy, Dad will have bought every John Deere toy before he's even born, and will have already planned the baby's first summer farm chores!

Anonymous said...

Jersey Girl says...

My vote is on BigPok for the exclamation marks...I really don't think Granpa Sal has expressed any gender favorites to date!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, isn't "THOR" a boys name ?
I believe if you are insistent on not knowing the sex of this baby, which is fine and totally your decision, than you should refer to the baby as "IT", "THE BABY", "OUR MIRACLE",
or "THAT THING IN MY BELLY".
Nothing is standard in todays world, Just look at your sisters.

Tina said...

Ha! Dad, I had no idea that you were commenting...now I'm even more scared for the week! :)

How about "The Blob"? Or maybe just "V"?

Anonymous said...

This week's baby update makes me think he's doing Tae-bo in there...