20 Weeks! Halfway There!
Baby: According to "What to Expect", the baby is the size of a small cantaloupe or a large grapefruit. The baby's sex organs are becoming more defined. If the baby is a girl, it's uterus is completely formed, and she has 7 million primitive eggs in her ovaries. If the baby is a boy, his testes are starting to descend from the abdomen into the soon-to-be-developed scrotum.
Mom: It's been a while since I posted pictures of the belly bump, so I thought I'd update you on the progress. I told Mitch that I didn't feel like I was getting a lot bigger lately, but as you look at the pictures, it's pretty obvious I am!
Taken at about 18 weeks.
Nineteen Weeks
Almost 20 Weeks
20 Weeks and 1 Day.
I've had some tests done this week on my heart - I had an incident at work last week with a racing heart, but things seem to be normal and so there are no worries for me or the baby. My doctor just wanted to be cautious (and as Dr. Martin said, "She is just covering her ass").
Dad: The big debate going on between Mitch and I this week is whether Thor is actually a boy or a girl. (I realize that this is already a big debate raging in the blogosphere). Mitch keeps having dreams that the baby is a boy, but he thinks it's a girl. I am the opposite - girl dreams but I think it's a boy. As we get closer to the ultrasound (only one more week to go!), Mitch is standing firm on our earlier decision to not find out the sex of the baby. And while I agree with him (overall), my curiosity is killing me!
2 comments:
"Looking good...Louis!!
Feeling good...Billy Ray!!"
I hope Thor's as cute as your baby bump!!
It's killing The General that you're not finding out. Not that it matters, though, because I SO TOTALLY know you're having a boy. Will you have a 4-D ultrasound? We did one with Punkin, and it was awesome.
I'm glad your appointment with the cardiologist went well!
Post a Comment