Monday, March 23, 2009

The Time Has Come...

Tonight at my school district's board meeting I'll officially be cut for next year.  My principal informed me last Thursday of the decision.  Basically, they are cutting almost every non-tenured teacher for next year, then hiring them back as needed.  

If you ask me, it's a crock of shit.  

There is the potential of me having a position somewhere in the district that would be part-time, but we won't know for the next few months while everything plays out and the schools determine their needs. 

Here's a question - how can you NOT know your needs?  Seriously?  

I am beyond annoyed and upset about the whole thing, but mostly just annoyed.  This will make RIF #2 for me - why should I continue to teach when my hard work is not valued?  When will the fine arts ever get some freaking support?

Anyone know of any job postings that will hire a pregnant lady who needs maternity leave at the beginning of the year?  Because I'm interested.

No comments: