As Mitch and I had a very low-key New Year's, we thought about the last New Year's that we had spent in California for the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl. The trip was definitely one of our favorite vacations ever, and we really missed being there this year as we watched the parade on TV. (Television doesn't do the floats justice.) So, we looked through our pictures and decided to share a few of our favorites from the trip, in no particular order.

The game, as the Marching Illini performed the 3-in-1.

Us, very excited at the beginning of the game. Clearly, we didn't look this happy afterwards.

One of the floats. Even the picture doesn't show how beautiful and detailed the floats are. If I could, I would go to the parade every year!

The Illnois Float!

Mitch and I, decked out in Illini gear, at 6:30am at the Rose parade.

In the USC bookstore with Cara, a USC alum. We tried not to hold that against her! (Although she was a very good sport after the game.)

On the beautiful USC campus, posing with Tommy the Trojan.

At the Petry's house (Mitch's godparents live in the LA area), where Mitch and his mom showed their displeasure for where their loyalties would lie throughout the weekend.

Another shot of us decked out and ready for some football!
No comments:
Post a Comment