Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baby Update: Week 10

Baby:  According to "What to Expect When You're Expecting", the baby is 1 1/2 inches long, about the size of a prune.  This week begins the formation of bones, cartilage, knees, ankles, teeth, digestive juices, and testes (if it's a boy).  The elbows are working and arms are moving, and the kidneys are functioning and producing urine.  (No wonder I pee a lot - I'm peeing for two!)

Mom:  I have been feeling much better this week, thankfully.  I think my daily routine helps me from feeling less sick, although my morning sickness seems to strike more in the evening, like Phoebe on "Friends".  I did a pretty good job of not napping a lot this week, although I crashed on Friday after work and took a good nap on Saturday, too.  Maybe I need to work them into my schedule a bit more this week.....   In terms of food, nothing made me physically sick, but I've pinpointed that orange juice upsets my stomach, so I'm steering clear of large quantities of that.  Next week I'm going to make a commitment to get on the treadmill, as I have completely neglected exercise for a while.  I got on the scale this morning and have already gained four pounds, which isn't bad at all, but I'm deathly afraid that I'm going to be one big, fat, ugly (and out of shape for pushing) pregnant lady!

Dad:  We discovered that Mitch had a small bout of salmonella poisoning, which is why he was feeling so ill last weekend with me.  He has been great this week in taking care of me, fetching water and crackers when needed.  He also earned "Husband of the Week" by doing a few home improvement projects around the house and did his half of the house cleaning on Saturday.  

This week is our first prenatal visit, and we are excited to get some details on the baby and hear his/her heartbeat for the first time!

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

There is no sweeter sound than the sound of your baby's heartbeat. Glad to hear both mom and dad are feeling better this week! I was always sick at night, too, and naps are good! You're body is going through a lot right now - don't be afraid to rest when you can (and Mitch, that advice is specifically for Tina)!

Shipley Crew Since 2002 said...

Mitch--did you eat any Peanut Butter?