Baby: The baby has graduated from an embryo to a fetus this week and is one inch in length. The baby's heart is developed into four chambers and is beating at 150 bpm. Muscles are developing this week, allowing the baby to move its limbs. The head is also becoming more developed, taking on more normal proportions to the rest of the body.
Mom: Mom has been SICK. Morning sickness doesn't really strike in the morning for me (it's when I feel my best), but mostly in the evening. I'm trying everything to figure out what is triggering it and how I can keep it from being too severe, but it's not working very well. Lots of water, lots of crackers, lots of bland food. Grapes have been my safe haven so far! I'm also trying to build up my strength after doing absolutely nothing for a week, and am very nervous about Monday's return to work, as I wasn't feeling really sick before I went on break. Wish me luck!
Dad: Dad has been having sympathy sickness - a little indigestion here and there. At first I thought it was cute, but now I realize he's just trying to steal my thunder (and hog the bathroom).
If you have a tried-and-true way to get rid of that morning sickness, I'll be more than happy to listen!
4 comments:
Is it weird that I had tears in my eyes as I read about baby's development? Will my excitement subside soon, or will it just continue to build as your pregnancy progresses, culminating in me literally exploding with joy upon the announcement of Baby's arrival?
Hang on, Tina. These weeks are rough, but you'll soon be facing the joy that is the second trimester. Have you checked out Babycenter yet? I found that to be a very helpful website.
Mitch, be strong buddy. If you think the indigestion is bad now just wait until the hospital bill comes after delivery. Yikes. In the meantime, The General swore by Ben & Jerry's Half Baked to get him through those rough weeks.
Thinking of you today,I also craved fruit (grapes especially) in the evening when I was expecting the Mrs. Weird isn't it? Auntie M.
How was the first day back at school? Hope you are feeling well...
Ok, so while your not feeling so well, and Mitch has finally understood what he got himself into, Pa is trying to figure out how many more years he has to work until this Baby can take over here at the farm. This kid doesn't need to go to college does he, she ?
Post a Comment