Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Apparently, My Hormones Aren't as Controlled as I Thought They Were

I love watching "The Biggest Loser" (from the comfort of my couch).  My heart just fills with joy when the contestants do well, from workouts to weigh-ins.  I have so much respect for what they are doing to better themselves and their health.  (So much respect, in fact, that I refrain from eating Cheetos while watching the show on the couch.)  However, the show should come with a warning for pregnant ladies.

I cried four times tonight while watching the show. It's so exciting and sad at the same time, especially when they have to vote off the contestants who are clearly working hard.  If you're not a fan of the show, tonight they had to decide to vote off an 18-year old (who is 350 lbs) and a 19-year old (who is 400 pounds).  Both of these guys NEED to get their asses kicked on a daily basis by Bob and Jillian.  Sadly, the 400 pound guy went home, but in their updated picture, he has lost a TON of weight - over 100 pounds.  Incredible.  (His teammate, however, has totally sucked.)

And now I need a snack, since I've dehydrated myself from all these tears.  

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I don't think it's just the pregnancy hormones as I fought back tears at least three times. I cry almost every week. The dad going back home to see his baby being born? Sobfest.

Anonymous said...

It is NOT pregnancy hormones...I cried, too! The dad and baby part was the culprit. And, I always feel so motivated it is over. But...not so motivated to work out at 9pm!

Tina said...

Yes, the dad going to be with his family had the tears pouring down my face. So great! Maybe I need to organize a viewing party for Biggest Loser - complete with lots of SNACKS!

Anonymous said...

I cried also and it's not...or maybe it is my hormones too! I also feel like loosing my cookies ever time i see that silver team chick..i want to duct tape her mouth, slap that look off her face and just plain kick her ass..she needs to go!