Baby Mama: After a rough week of exhaustion and sickness, I'm finally feeling like a semi-normal person again. I've regained some of my energy, which I am VERY thankful for. Otherwise, nothing new to report - going to work, taking a nap, getting heartburn in the evenings. At least it's consistent.
Baby Daddy: Mitch was almost on the receiving end of a major hormonal meltdown at dinner Saturday night. We went to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, Cossetta's, with The Neighbors (code names now in place!) We divided and conquered the lines, with Lizzie McGuire and myself in the pasta/salad line, and Mitch, The Boy Wonder and Avery in the pizza line. Mitch and I had specifically discussed each getting a piece of sausage pizza and splitting a salad about an hour before we went to the restaurant. Imagine my disappointment when I went to the table and saw that Mitch had bought only ONE slice of pizza. As soon as I mentioned it, he remembered the conversation and was ready to get in the (VERY LONG) line and retrieve a second piece. It wasn't worth waiting in line again, delaying everyone's dinner, and making a scene, so we split the piece of pizza. As it turned out, we were both full after the pizza and salad, and all worked out in the end. But in that small moment, I understood where those "crazy pregnant hormonal women" were coming from when something is wrong.
5 comments:
I seriously thought I was going to get a Brooklyn Stomping.
Just wait. It gets even better. Just ask The General about the night we brought Punkin home from the hospital.
I started reading this, saw the word meltdown & thought, Avery didn't have a meltdown, what is she talking about? I thought you handled it pretty well...Mitch just owes you big time. :) Can't wait for our next dinner!
As for our code names, I'll have to think about that, Tina...;)
I gave you guys nicknames, but I couldn't think of one for Avery.
Sweet nicknames, Mitch, especially considering my other half was called that ALL the time growing up! Speaking of childhood nicknames, thanks for not calling me Dizzy Lizzy or something mean...although I would also respond to Queen Elizabeth or Her Royal Coolness. I like Lizzie McGuire though because then I sound young. :)
Post a Comment