The entire month has been full of emotion, from pure joy and elation to fear and surrealism about the whole thing. We've dutifully been reading up on pregnancies and babies, as Mitch knows virtually nothing about having a kid, and he is quickly becoming my walking encyclopedia of knowledge. He is quick to let me know what I can and cannot eat (most of the time I'm not annoyed), and is increasingly attentive, taking very good care of me as I go through the first trimester.
And oh yes, as it is in the first trimester, I have been sick. Not head-in-the-toilet sick (yet), but the constant nauseous, heartburn, constipation, body aches, tired sick. Be prepared in the next eight months for some complaining (and I'll do my best not to share too much information!). Because pregnancy isn't just all fun and roses, I am quickly learning. At least I get to nap a lot without feeling guilty now!
Thank you to everyone for their well-wishes, phone calls, texts, and support as Mitch and I become parents in August. We have the best family and friends! Now I have to go eat some fiber.
5 comments:
We're excited to be great A & U! Will be watching for updates. Auntie M.
Another tip if prenatals are making you feel sick - take them at night before bed. You'll still get all the benefits but won't suffer the side effects. And constipation already? Yikes.
Still SO FLIPPING EXCITED! Where's the countdown to baby ticker?
Congratulations!! We're so happy for you. Just think, next Christmas you'll have a little one! We had a great 1st Christmas with Brooke (hard to believe she is 9 mo. old already)! When I was newly pregnant, I couldn't eat anything I cooked myself, it would taste like bugs or dirt. So, BJ did the cooking for a couple of weeks, and I was able to eat without my food tasting like bugs or dirt, and it got me out of cooking for a few weeks too! Cheddar goldfish crackers usually did the trick for me early on too. I found it better to keep a little in my stomach by eating a lot of small meals/snacks a day. Get all the sleep you can now, because in 8 months it will be a different story. Good Luck!!!!!
Love, Coral
CONGRATULATIONS!! i had to come check out the news after seeing your comment on Get Less Jiggly... good luck with everything. Orange juice and crackers first thing in the morning (before I even got out of bed) helped with nausea for me with the first one...nothing helped with the second. I had constant G.I. problems both times...
Metamucil capsules and Fiber One bars were my best friends! Again congrats!!
Congratulations!
One question...is this the way to get out of the contest you were having with your sisters?
Post a Comment