Wednesday, December 24, 2008

If You Aren't in the Christmas Spirit Yet

Christmastime brings about wonderful things - traditions, time with family and friends, shopping and eating, and of course, tacky outdoor decorations.  I've seen plenty of tackiness in my lifetime.  A family in Dwight was notorious for their homemade lawn decorations.  Our friend Ronny's parents fill their yard with every plastic light-up eyesore imaginable - Santa complete with reindeer and sleigh, nutcrackers, the Nativity scene, candy canes, elves, and the list goes on and on.  But this year, one of our neighbors takes the prize for the ugliest, most unusual Christmas decoration.

You can see compared to the house how big this electric palm tree is - about 25 feet in my estimation.  Every night it goes on, glowing bright green and brown and reminding us Minnesotans that we are stupid for living in  this frozen tundra and helping us to think of warmer climates when it is -11 out.  

I just have the urge to drink a Corona whenever I see it.  

No comments: