Tuesday, December 9, 2008
The Toilet Seat
Ah yes, the age-old battle between men and women - to leave the seat up, or not? In my house growing up the toilet seat was mostly put down by men after use (my dad was significantly outnumbered). Since Mitch and I have been together he has always remembered to put the toilet seat down after using the toilet. But today, I went into the bathroom at work (it's a unisex bathroom in the teacher's lounge), and the seat was up. And this isn't the first time it's been left up. For a while I thought I was just the first one to use that bathroom for the day, and the custodian had left it up after cleaning it. This to me is an acceptable time to leave the toilet seat up. But today I went in to use it at 11:00 (it was down), and then when I went in again at 12:30 after lunch, it was back up. Is this appropriate office toilet usage? And do you have problems with this at your work?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I NEVER have that problem in my office...if I did, I would be VERY concerned.
FYI, I work out of my house, and I live alone! One of the many benefits!
Ugh, my office is next to a bathroom that is used by mostly male coaches and our principal. I often hear men peeing...and the subsequent standing fart that comes with it (an they often come out with a sheepish grin on their faces). I know...makes my day. Virtually every time I use the bathroom, I have to put the seat down. It's just a fact of life...
All the seats are up in the men's room at my office in the morning. I think the janitors leave them up so they know which ones have been cleaned.
Post a Comment