Friday, December 5, 2008

The Day Thus Far - UPDATED

6:58am - phone rings.  Get out of bed, run my body under the shower to get to work by 7:25 in order to sub in 8th grade English. 

7:27am - arrive (late) to school, balancing coffee, computer bag, and crock pot (it was potluck day at work).  Rush to 8th grade classroom, where I will sub three more times throughout the day.

7:28am-2:30pm - Teach three sections of English, one study hall, and three music classes.  No prep.  Kicked one student out.  (But make an extra $112)

3:15pm - drinking a glass of wine, completely exhausted and wondering how on earth I ever managed to run two band rehearsals, teach History of Rock and Roll, do paperwork and planning, and stay at work until 9:00pm because of a football or basketball game.  And then do it every day for nine months.  

I've become a complete softie.  

4:30pm - Mitch comes home with some winter lagers.  I drink 2 1/2, then have dinner.

7:00pm - fast asleep on the couch after starting a movie.  

8:30pm - moved to the bed, out for the night.  

What a wimp I am.  I should be embarrassed.  

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Can anyone else picture exactly what Tina looked like walking in to school at 7:27 am this morning? I can!

What did you make for potluck day?

Anonymous said...

Wait until you have kids....balance a diaper bag with all your stuff, and go to school with barf on your shoulder! =)

Anonymous said...

WIMP!!! Like I should talk. I had no obligations yesterday except a band concert at 7:30.

Tina said...

Mrs. - I looked quite respectable in a sweater and chic ponytail. And I made homemade chicken noodle soup for potluck. Yummy!