Seriously, it is so cold here, I can hardly stand it. It is frigid, nose hairs freeze when you inhale cold. My extremities are NEVER warm. I am someone who is still in "Illinois" mode - forgetting to put on my gloves before I go outside, not wearing winter boots, don't have a good, warm hat....after walking to my car today from my school (only about 30 feet - maybe), I thought my fingers were going to freeze off. Thankfully, I think Santa (aka mom and dad) is bringing me a warm hat and gloves for Christmas and I'm hoping for some liners for my rain boots to turn them into snow ones. Because I need them.
And the snow. It started snowing again today. I'm confident that if this were Illinois, we'd have had at least one snow day already. But no, the plows are good here! (Which I am thankful for.) We're supposed to get more snow on Thursday, and then more this weekend. Belinda and Sven, the weatherpeople on TV, keep saying to go "enjoy the weather". Are you serious? Who in their right mind would be outside in this? But people up here love it. I've seen people cross-country skiing in our neighborhood, in addition to snowmobiles, still walking outside, and the neighbors behind us even have a hockey rink in their backyard. I'm not kidding.
To top it off, Mitch tells me today - "embrace the weather". What?!? Apparently, he's still staying positive. Only because he needs to keep snowblowing.....(again, which I'm thankful for.)
So, maybe someday I'll learn to snowshoe or cross-country ski or whatever else they do outdoors. You can rent equipment at the parks here. But until then, I'm going to complain about the cold and snow. Because dammit, I'm FREEZING!
2 comments:
I thought about you today as I watched the snow start to fall outside of my classroom. First, I thought about how it was such a big deal for my students but how your students probably think nothing of a snowy day. Then I thought ahead to when I would get home and wished you lived much closer so I could borrow your snow blower.
Your warmer hat will still show off your Illini pride, right?
Your weather people are named Belinda and Sven?!?
Post a Comment