Friday, October 10, 2008

Sixth Graders are SO Cute!

The Scene:  my seventh period music class.  
The Unit of Study:  keyboarding unit.  Each student is playing on his/her own keyboard, with headphones on.  

Student #1 (whispering to Student #2):  "I had cheese for lunch, and I'm lactose intolerant!"

Student #2 (who still has headphones on and can't really tell how loud he is speaking, so he says VERY loudly):  "You had cheese for lunch, and you're lactose intolerant?!?"

(Entire class is now looking at Student #2, who is talking loud enough for them to hear through their headphones)

Mrs. Tina (quietly):  "Student #2, you really shouldn't say that out loud to the class.  It could embarrass Student #1."

Student #2 (Still with headphones on):  "Huh?"

Mrs. Tina (who takes off Student #2's headphones):  "You really shouldn't share that type of information to the rest of the class when your friend tells you that in confidence."

Student #2:  "Oh, ok.  Thanks.  What's lactose-intolerant?"

Hysterical laughter from Mrs. Tina.  The rest of the kids don't have a clue.  

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

I'm not sure I'd call sixth graders cute, you know will all the smelliness and hormones and prepubescent angst and all, but that is hilarious!