On Thursday, Lil' Missy, Grandma M and I spent the day together, since Grandma M was watching Lil' Missy and I was off work. We started our day at one of the many apple orchards in the area.

We started out just exploring the area, as there were lots of things to do and look at. There were lots of cut-outs for the kids, a petting zoo, horse and pony rides, a corn maze, pumpkins, an old-fashioned apple peeler/corer, apple tastings, a store and bakery, and of course, apples.

After a run-around and a lot of "I want to do
that!", we boarded the wagon to go to the orchard.

We had a good time filling our two bags, and Lil' Missy did a great job of finding good apples, although many of the lower ones were picked off. I ended up climbing into a couple of trees to get the best apples towards the top. I'm sure it was quite a sight, and am glad that I had my camera in my pocket so that no one could snap pictures of that.


It didn't take long to fill up our bags and head back to the pick-up wagon, which Lil' Missy claimed was her favorite part of the entire day. She got a quick education on which tractors were the best ones (ALWAYS the green ones, NEVER the red ones).

Lil' Missy waited patiently while Grandma M and I paid for and loaded our apples, then headed over for her pony ride. She did a great job of holding on, and shouted a "Gracias!" to the kind man who helped her on and off the pony.

We ended the morning with a snack - fresh apple cinnamon donuts. Oh, they were delicious.

Afterwards, we headed for lunch. Where would her favorite Grandma and Auntie take her? Chuck-E-Cheese, of course! I didn't snap any pics while I was there, because I was afraid to bring home all of the germs on my camera. What a hotbed of bacteria that place is. Lil' Missy, of course, was in her element, as she enjoyed running from game to game, plunking in her coins and collecting her tickets so she could purchase an Air Head and stickers when we left. (Load her up with more sugar, is what I always say.) The place was overflowing with kids, as everyone was off school, and I was relieved when the coins ran out and it was time to go. I also was afraid the bad pizza was going to make me sick. As soon as we got back to the house, the first thing I did was wash my hands. Gross.
What a fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment