I really want to dress up for Halloween this year, but am totally uninspired as to what to dress up as. So I need your help. Here are my only criteria:
1. It has to be school-appropriate. (So the slutty nurse's costume that Mitch suggested is out. Thanks honey.)
2. It has to be fairly inexpensive.
3. I would prefer it to be something I could use again.
I found this idea when looking for The General. Cheap and easy - take those small cereal boxes (the kind that come in the sampler pack) and empty them. Staple them to a t-shirt and stick plastic knives in the boxes. Voila - you're a "cereal" killer! Hee hee!
A couple of years ago I went as a tourist. Shorts, Hawaiian shirt, black socks with sandals, fanny pack (of course!) and I carried around a camera and some maps. I had all the items already (minus the fanny pack which I had to make a trip to Wal-Mart for) so it was cheap and easy to pull together.
One year my mom went as a pumpkin. She took those lawn bags that were oh-so-popular many years ago that were meant for holding leaves but looked like jack-o-lanterns. She cut out holes for legs, arms, and her head, filled the bag with newspaper and wore sweatpants or tights underneath.
Or what about a scarecrow? Old jeans, flannel shirt (get out the hot glue gun and glue that raffia stuff around the cuffs of your shirt and pantlegs), straw hat. You could even paint your face. That would be cute!
If I lived closer I'd let you borrow my flapper costume from last year. Or even my St. Pauli's girl costume from this year - it's long enough (according to The General).
6 comments:
Playboy bunny. Mitch approves, trust me.
I found this idea when looking for The General. Cheap and easy - take those small cereal boxes (the kind that come in the sampler pack) and empty them. Staple them to a t-shirt and stick plastic knives in the boxes. Voila - you're a "cereal" killer! Hee hee!
A couple of years ago I went as a tourist. Shorts, Hawaiian shirt, black socks with sandals, fanny pack (of course!) and I carried around a camera and some maps. I had all the items already (minus the fanny pack which I had to make a trip to Wal-Mart for) so it was cheap and easy to pull together.
One year my mom went as a pumpkin. She took those lawn bags that were oh-so-popular many years ago that were meant for holding leaves but looked like jack-o-lanterns. She cut out holes for legs, arms, and her head, filled the bag with newspaper and wore sweatpants or tights underneath.
Or what about a scarecrow? Old jeans, flannel shirt (get out the hot glue gun and glue that raffia stuff around the cuffs of your shirt and pantlegs), straw hat. You could even paint your face. That would be cute!
If I lived closer I'd let you borrow my flapper costume from last year. Or even my St. Pauli's girl costume from this year - it's long enough (according to The General).
Martin - I don't think Playboy bunny is school appropriate. But I do have bunny ears.....
Tina, you could definately pull off Sarah Pallen!!!!! you have those cute cheeks, smile and thick hair!!!!
Pokemom - Learn to spell "Palin".
no need to...she'll be just an afterthought next week!!!
Post a Comment