Friday, July 16, 2010

Pros and Cons

So today I made TollHouse cookie bars.  If you are trying to decide between making bars and cookies, I have created a handy-dandy chart of pros and cons for making the bars instead of the cookies:

Pros:
  • Bars don't take as long to cook as cookies do.
  • The middle of the pan of bars is like the middle of the cookie - only there is a LOT of middle.  Start in the middle, I say.
Cons:
  • I didn't use Grama P's recipe for chocolate chip cookies.  (Grama, I know you don't comment, but can you tell me if you've ever baked your cookies into bars before?  I'm sure it would work, yes?  Also, don't hate me for not using your recipe to make the bars.)
  • It's harder to hide how many you eat when they come out of the oven, as the evidence is right there in the bar pan. 

1 comment:

Tina said...

And yes, I realize I am nine minutes over my internet-lights-out curfew. But, we had guests, and a girl has got to blog before she forgets the idea.