Gizmo lived up to her Minnesotan heritage when we visited our very first lake today. My colleague and friend Jill and her family live on Lake Byllesby, and she invited us down to spend the afternoon relaxing. And by invite, I mean I called her twice to invite ourselves.
After slathering Gizmo in SPF 60 (it was a beautiful 85 degrees, sunny and breezy today), we waded into the lake. At first, Gizmo was apprehensive, but as soon as she started kicking her feet, she took to it like, well, like a fish to water.
Gizmo also discovered the fine baby art of eating the beach. This particular beach is quite rocky, but it didn't stop her from trying to cram handfuls of it into her mouth.
After eating her fill of rocks, we went on a boat ride along the lake. Jill even had a life jacket to fit Gizmo - and she really liked it at first!
We started off pretty slow, but then cranked up the speed. Gizmo liked to go fast, just like Ricky Bobby from Talladega Nights.
By the end of the ride, she was "resting her eyes" and was ready to get out of her straight jacket.
If the lake, the beach, and the boat ride weren't enough for Gizmo, she was able to play with a doggie, too! She really enjoyed playing with Malibu, who was sweet on her all afternoon.

While Gizmo and I had a great time, I think it was Jill who had an equally wonderful time snuggling with a cute baby. I have absolutely no idea how Jill gets anything done during the day, because I would be lounging by that lake from morning until night in the summer.
Anyone want to go in halfsies on a lake house?
No comments:
Post a Comment