Gizmo and I at the mecca of all shopping, Macys.
Of course, Gizmo spent most of the day asleep as Gramma and I pushed her around the mall, holding up outfits to see if they would look good on her. (They all did.) Purchased today was a cute blue flowered jumper, a new pair of jeans, some long-sleeved onesies, and baby's first little black dress. (Everyone needs one, right?) Her second cousin Katie, who met us at the mall for lunch and shopping, made quite possibly the cutest purchase for Gizmo - an orange tulle skirt, perfect for Illini football and basketball games.
Today my biggest fear about having a girl became reality - I want to buy EVERYTHING for my little girl. There are entirely too many cute girl clothes for babies, and it was nearly impossible to resist buying up all of the cute leggings, tunics, and jumpers that stores like Gymboree, Carters, The Children's Place, and Baby Gap have to offer. it took literally all of my willpower to not buy her the most adorable leopard-print jumper trimmed in red. Every baby needs that, don't they? (I still might go back to buy it when it goes on sale.)
My solution to this compulsion to buy up everything in her size? To never go shopping again. I'm literally going to have to NOT shop to avoid buying clothes nonstop for Gizmo. I thought, "Maybe I'll just avoid the kids stores", but let's be honest, people - that will never work. Those window displays are very effective.
On a side note, Gizmo learned another valuable lesson today - when the girls go shopping, they don't ever show Daddy the receipts. :)
8 comments:
That's exactly why I'm glad I had a boy!!! Shopping for girls is way too much fun. Shopping for Your baby shower was fun, but I'm glad we didn't know you were having a girl. I'd be hiding the receipt from Uncle Bryan, which wouldn't be too hard. I pay all the bills. I'm glad that you're feeling much better. When are you heading south? Any time soon?
"On a side note, Gizmo learned another valuable lesson today - when the girls go shopping, they don't ever show Daddy the receipts."
Funny, Mitch and I have that same rule with regards to Tina when we go out by ourselves...
We had a great time shopping, and yes it was I who had to hold Tina back......and yes the phrase has already been spoken "i I can make that and for a fraction of that price"......i really tried to hold off but it just had to be said!!!! fabric shops here i come!!!.............I must say it IS very difficult not to want to just buy it all...and the holoween outfits are just priceless!!
Pokemom, Bryan asked if you have any of the goose outfits left. He thinks Gizmo would look cute in a yellow rain slicker and hat. He's just kidding. I'm sure you are going to have a blast making stuff.
Martin - I like that rule, too. I don't want to know.
It's addicting, isn't it? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't get any better as they get older. If you need a quick fix I know a place where you can "shop" for lots of little girl outfits for free!
PS - You look great!
Dear Mrs.
I'd like those dancin' shoes that Punkin was wearing in the video and the shiny pink pants!! MC Hammer would be so jealous!!
Love, Gizmo
Does Gramma Poke have the Farms Credit Card ? Just how much is this going to cost me ? Last time I leave her up there alone.
PA POKE
Post a Comment