Baby: "What to Expect" says that this week, the beginning of the eighth (!) month, the baby is approximately 4 pounds and about 19 inches long. He's practicing his breathing and swallowing and kicking in order to survive outside the womb. He's also not an alien-looking baby anymore - he has accumulated enough body fat to make his skin opaque. Yay!
Mom: The physical aspects of the pregnancy are certainly starting to take its toll on me. I am getting increasingly bigger and more uncomfortable, feeling much less mobile and miserable. Between the stretch marks, the aching pelvis, the swollen appendages, and the breech baby that is doing a tap-dance on my bladder, I'm starting to think it wouldn't be so bad if I had Thor a couple of weeks early. I'm also more and more annoyed that I can't do normal things without getting tired. There is still so much to do before Thor gets here, and while I want to get it done, all I really want to do is relax. Work a little, relax a little will have to become my motto for the next eight weeks.
This picture is from week 31 (I forgot to take one this week). I especially like how my very large belly makes my neck look so slim.
Dad: Mitch gets to come home this week! It was 103 degrees in Dallas yesterday, and I know he's miserable and ready to get out of there. (Not that he'll be coming to cool MN - the heat index today is 105 degrees. Yuck!) I have no doubt that Mitch will be shocked at my physical transformation in the last five weeks that he's been gone.
Mitch and I also celebrated our 7th anniversary yesterday. It's hard to believe that we've been married this long already - I can remember our wedding like we got married last weekend. I don't know what I would do without him, as he is my rock, my voice of reason, the one who can always make me laugh, and the one who takes care of me better than anyone else. I can't wait until he comes home and we can celebrate!
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary (yesterday)!
Post a Comment